Autoglass identification can be a bit tricky. That’s why we’ve provided some useful picture references to hopefully make it easier. These images can be useful to help you identify the damaged glass and it’s features, if it has any. See below for a list of common features that your vehicle may have.
- LDWS – Lane Departure Warning System; a computer system designed to warn the driver when the vehicle begins to move out of its lane (unless a turn signal is on in that direction) on freeways and roads. These systems are designed to minimize accidents by addressing the main causes of collisions such as driver error, distractions and drowsiness.
- LKAS – Lane Keeping Assistance Systems; monitor the position of vehicle with respect to the lane boundary and apply torque to the steering wheel, or pressure to the brakes, when a lane departure is about to occur. In other words, it actively intervenes to prevent accidents.
- Rain Sensor – Automatically turns your windshield wipers on when it begins to rain.
- Auto Dimming Mirror – If someone behind you has their brights on your mirror will dim automatically
- Shade Band – Top 4-6″ of the wind shield is shaded darker, It can be blue (Most Common), green or Gold.
- Specialized Logo In The Frit – there may be a custom manufacturer logo in the black band that runs around the windscreen, or in the 3rd visor frit (the black dotted area around the rearview mirror).
- Heated Wiper Park Area – An electrical grid that warms the bottom of your windshield when you turn your defrost on.
Windshield Rockchip Repairs – start at 50$
Call Today (952) 491-0505